Well, It's a Boot Dang Time!

 I'm going to be completely open with you for a moment if you don't mind...Ready?

I hate country music. 

Now for those of you who haven't just suffered severe jawline fractures as your chin plummeted to the table top in front of you, let me explain.  Yes, I'm from Texas.  Yes, everything's bigger here.  Yes, we all ride to work on horses.  But that's beside the point.  It's just my personal taste.  However, despite my soul's boiling disgust for such putrid redneck breakup songs they somehow find their way into permanent residence within my brain more times than I'd care to admit.  Case in point, the song Boots On by Randy Houser.

I can't tell you why. I can't tell you how. But as my wife can attest, it is physically impossible in the universe in which we reside for me to put on a pair of boots without singing the last stanza of that chorus.  And you know what?  I'm not ashamed.  Because there's something about throwing on a pair of boots with your duds that gives your ego a charitable kick in the kahones and tells it to man up--you're a certifiable bad-to-the-bone, crazy-eyed king of cool whether you like it or not now, son!

Alright, another confession:  I have far surpassed my wife in the accumulation-of-shoes department.  It's a sickness, I know, but I can't help it.  And in my defense, many of the above kicks were gifts or insane bargains (no lie, the gray ones cost me $9). But all that is skirting the ultimate highlight of what makes boots so dang cool--they're one of the most versatile shoe choices a gentleman can ever own.  Dress them up, dress them down.  Wear them dancing or hunting ("hand-holding" or "deer-gutting").  And with our nation's most recent abysmal excuse for a winter, perhaps the best thing about these gentlemanly spur holders is that they're the one piece of fall clothing you can hold onto through most of the spring too.

Take a note from the always chivalric and dapper Idris Elba (pictured above).  Not only is the man the star of one of my all-time favorite shows, BBC's Luther, he's also a regular on the Best Dressed list of every website from here to Alpha Centauri.  Steal a page from his swagbook and try pairing your favorite beat-to-heck boots with jeans and a t-shirt all the way up until you're staring Summer with it's 100-degree breath right in the scorching face.

....and then for goodness sake, ditch the boots AND the socks and scramble for the nearest slip-on.

Hope you all enjoy the new look of the site!  Figured after two years it was time for a light facelift.

Blessings,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 photo teddymog_zps030465b9.png